7th Grade Weekly Updates
* Halloween dance on Friday, October 25th from 6:30 - 8:30 pm
Mrs. Bruce- Week of October 21-25
- First week of the second grading period!
- Monday 10/21 we will continue to read Milkweed and have an Identity Project workday.
- Tuesday and Wednesday we will continue to read Milkweed.
- Milkweed Vocabulary #3 quiz Friday 10/25
- Identity Project due date: This Thursday, Oct. 24
- Share Identity Projects Thursday and Friday this week!
- Book Fair in the cafeteria all week!
Mrs. Carpenter/ Ms. Morber/Mr. Pritchard
- Class novel- Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli
- Vocabulary Quiz every Friday
- We will continue working on point of view, character traits, theme, and importance of setting.
- Every student needs an SSR book every day! Please ask your child what he/she is reading.
- Students should be working on the Identity Project - due Oct. 24th!
~ Vocab quiz for Milkweed is on Friday, 10/25
~ Identity projects are due Oct. 24th. Presentations will be on October 24 and 25.
~ The first book challange for the 2nd quarter is due 11/5.
We have begun reading Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli. Please make sure you have your copy in class daily.
Math: Accentuate the Negative Unit Test on Friday 10/25
Pre-Algebra: Looking for Pythagoras Inv 1 & 2 Quiz on Friday 10/25
Math: Accentuate the Negative: Quiz on Adding/ Subtracting integers on Thursday Oct. 10, 2019.
Welcome! Please be checking progressbook with your student often and feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. Don't forget - Attendance is important!
Important upcoming dates:
Accentuate the Negative Unit Test: Tuesday, October 22
Week of October 21
Monday: Review day #2
Tuesday: Accentuate the Negative Unit Test
Wednesday - Binder clean-out, textbook exchange, integer interactive practice
Thursday - Introduction to Unit 3: Stretching and Shrinking, Investigation 1.1
Friday - Stretching and Shrinking Investigation 1.2
Students will typically NOT have math homework on Fridays, unless classwork is unable to be completed.
Week of October 21
Students are learning about air and ocean currents. Tentative dates for the quiz is October 29th and 30th. Click here for the study guide.
Great job on the Trading activity.
October 31st - Ancient Greek Quiz
10/ 7-8 God in the Box Project
10/9-10 Fighting the Persian War Activity
10/15-16 Golden Age of Athens
10/17-18 Notes on Athens / Review early greek test
10-21/22 Alexander the Great and his empire
10-23/24 Golden age of Athens
10/29-30 Late Greek Test
Page Updated 08/2019